Welcome to Listsaurus!

Jacki and Miranda are most pleased to have you present. This blog was created as a way for the two BFFs to keep in touch seeing as Miranda decided to up and move far, far away. Jacki misses Miranda, and Miranda misses Jacki! They share affection for a lot of things, most notably making lists! Also, vocabulary. Their brilliant minds decided to combine a way to keep in touch with an outlet for their endless quest in wording and listing. Join them on their bonding, loquacious journey.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Favorite toys! I just have so many.

So this list wasn't easy.

Many items popped into my head, it's insane how many toys children have. There were tons that I loved, that I remember being completely enamored with. I attempted to pick the ones that I played with longest and wow, I really enjoyed playing with dolls.

We'll have to do another list for board games and video games. It wasn't easy to exclude those items from this list, but I knew that I had to!

Nothing too flashy, but it gets the job done.

For number five I almost put Puppy Surprise, the dog stuffed animal that had a velcro pouch in its belly that held anywhere from three to five tiny puppies. I also had Kitty Surprise, and probably even a bear one. I remember bringing it to school in second grade and playing with it at recess. I loooooooved it.  But then I remembered Skip-it, and how amazingly fun it was and how devastated I was on that fateful day that I left mine in the park and someone took it. Still makes me feel choked up.

I wish I could find a photo of the genie dolls, but I can't seem to find them online anywhere. I forget what they were called exactly, but they were tiny dolls that had a bunch of accessories and they fit inside of lamps. The lamps would open up hinge style and you could set up the room. I had a whole bunch of them and they were awesome.

Just a final note: I absolutely regret getting rid of my Barbies. I had school teacher, doctor, vet, and I miss them so much D:

-Miranda

EDIT!!

After additional research encouraged by Jacki, I managed to find the name of the genie dolls and even some photos!

I had all four dolls AND the magic carpet!

My Magic Genie was awesome. Once I got into junior high I stopped playing with them, but I kept them in my room alongside my Garfield books and my nail polish collection.

Just for fun, here's a runner-up toy:

Pretty flower princess!!

I only had one Princess of the Flower doll, but I thought it was so awesome. I'd open it and close it over and over again with the provided toy key. And here's a fun fact; Fun Dip was my favorite candy when I was little and I liked to use the key to scoop up the powder because I didn't like the white sugar sticks. Children are weird.

6 comments:

  1. LOL that's hilarious, cause I HATED skip it!! I could never "skip it" I like jump ropes better. I even liked RIBBON DANCERS better hahaha <3 I will post my list later tonight :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIbbon dancers!! So dorky xD Looking forward to your list! Skip-it was such fun and easy exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah i could just see dorky, skinny little miranda skipping around poulsbo. HAHAHAH <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun fact: my grandpa made me his own version of a ribbon dancer one year cause mine was tangled. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also baffled that we only shared one favorite toy on our lists. BARBIES <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imagine me also wearing neon pink shorts that went up to my bellybutton.

    Aww, grandpa! :) I wondered if we were going to have any favorite toys in common. I'm glad to see even one!

    ReplyDelete